Activities on offer
Get active with children around the Alpine Lodge
Nature is one big playground for children - there's lots to explore and plenty of adventures to be had. Here too at the Alpine Lodge at an altitude of 1,200 m there are unlimited possibilities for piste whizzers, non-skiers, daredevils, mini mountaineers, animal-lovers... Here we've put together the best activities for families on your summer and winter holiday on the Reiteralm. It's raining? – how wonderful! We're of the opinion: there's no such thing as bad weather, just the wrong equipment. We can also recommend great things to do on rainy days!
In the heart of an adventure
In winter you stay right on the slopes of the Ski Reiteralm ski area, in summer in the heart of the Schladming-Dachstein hiking region.
Family activities in the region
SUMMER suggestions in resort
- We offer a lovely, own playground for our youngest guests in summer, offering everything a child's heart could desire: slide, swing, climbing house, sandpit, teepee...
- Two large playgrounds with petting zoo are located in the vicinity.
- An exciting experience can be had at our fish pond, where you can fish at a small extra charge. Fishing rod rental is included in the price.
- Right on our own mountain you'll find a XTrail-kids' run with bike rental. Downhill fun guaranteed
Tips for non-hikers
We've got good news for all non-hikers or guests who don't want to hike every day - there's much more to see and do here. And the best thing is - most of the activities are discounted with the Sommercard or free of charge with the Sommercard !
- The home-grilled, regional specialities taste particularly good on our own terrace.
- Rent an e-bike and test the routes in the region or the prepared trails.
- Swim in every lake you find.
- Glide up nearby mountains, including the Dachstein Glacier, on cable cars.
- Dare to whizz down the 7 km long mountain go-kart down into the valley
- Ramsau am Dachstein offers a splendid panorama for a romantic horse-drawn sleigh ride.
- Treat yourself to a day full of culinary highlights in the nearby restaurants.
- How about a schnapps tasting in the distillery.
- Get to know lots of new plants on a herb walk through a farmer's wife's idyllic garden.
- A trip on the summer toboggan run on the Rittisberg Adventure Mountain is a must for youngsters and the young at heart.
- The Adventure Parks in the region are particularly attractive for families.
- At the Bachlalm you can stroke the marmots.
- Visit the zoo in Lautern and admire the bears close up.
- Visit the nearby Salt Mines and follow the salt miner's trail.
- A stroll through scenic countryside is reviving and pleasurable.
- How about an adventure? – rafting on the Enns river, canyoning, archery on the 3D-course etc.
WINTER suggestions in resort
- In winter too there's no shortage of possibilities for playing outdoors. Our own sledging slope is particularly ideal. You'll find a sledge in your Lodge, you can rent snowshoes and bobs for sledging from reception.
- Have a great time on nearby toboggan run – a very special experience in the evening with a refreshment stop. Reservation is required. Further info from reception.
Tips for non-skiers
No everyone can or wants to ski, therefore we've put together some alternatives for our guests.
- Undertake a winter walk from our house. There are a number of huts in the ski area for refreshment stops, which are also ideal meeting points with skiers.
- Snowshoe walks are also possible from your accommodation. You can rent snowshoes from recepetion.
- Sledging is always great fun (sledge in every Lodge or professional toboggan rental)!
- We're happy to give you recommendations for horse-drawn sleigh rides through the snowy landscape.
- Impressive: book a torchlight walk with your own guide.
RAINY DAY activities
There's nothing better and relaxing as being out in the fresh air on a rainy day. Your children will love it, when they can break all the rules on a rainy day. , wenn sie auch mal bei Regenwetter alle Regeln brechen dürfen. So pack your waterproof trousers, rain jackets and wellies in your suitcase too. We've put together a great "we love rain" list for our guests.