Your mountain summer
Summer holiday in Schladming on the Reiteralm
The chirping of the crickets, the aroma of alpine grasses and the open view of the Dachstein. At the Alpine Lodge you stay right in the heart of nature in the Reiteralm hiking and excursion region. Here pleasure seekers and daredevils will find a variety of possibilities: numerous hiking tours, bike trails, family adventure, quiet spots etc. There's plenty to do right on the doorstep. But the whole Schladming-Dachstein region beckons you to a varied holiday in Styria amongst gentle mountain meadows, rugged peaks and blue lakes.
Peak conquests & alpine adventures
Hiking & climbing in the Schladming-Dachstein region
- Numerous marked hiking trails with fabulous views of the Dachstein in the Reiteralam hiking & excursion region - hikes available right from the Alpine Lodge
- Our tips: hikes to the Spiegelsee & lakes - circular hike on the Reiteralm
- Circular trail (suitable for pushchairs) around the Reiteralm-Lake by the mountain station of the Preunegg Jet Cable Car with Adventure World, playground right by the mountain station
- "Still Waters"- themed trail for families around the Untersee natural gem
- 8-seater Preunegg Jet open in summer, free of charge with the Schladming-Dachstein Sommercard
- Refreshment stops at alpine huts offering hearty delicacies
- Varied Franzi climbing trail through the vertical Gasselwand on the Reiteralm: level of difficulty C/D
- Wide, impressive hiking & mountain tours in the holiday region, numerous climbing tours in the Dachstein range
- Long-distance hiking trails: Schladminger Tauern High Alpine Trail, Panorama Trail 100 & Dachstein Circular Trail
Out and about on your bike
Mountain biking, E-biking & cycling
- New 15 km long bike trails on the Reiteralm, varying levels of difficulty & route profiles
- Bike transport on the Preunegg Jet Cable Car, bike rental from the Reiteralm bike center at the valley station, guided tours bookable
- Reiteralm Junior Trails: 4 different level routes of a total of 600 m in length, easiest routes also suitable for balance bikes
- Signposted network of cycling paths – 930 km total lenght in Schladming-Dachstein region
- Pleasure cycling & easy tours for families along part of the Enns Cycle Path (total length of 240 or 280 km, from Flachauwinkl in Salzburg to Enns in Upper Austria)
- Rental of all types of bikes available in the sports shops
Swimming, golf, horse-riding, Action sports...
- GCC Dachstein-Tauern: 18-hole golf course, driving range – golf course awarded the seal of approval "Leading Golf Courses Austria"
- Swimming & bathing in the Adventure Pool in Schladming: indoor pool with 66 m long water slide, toddlers' pool, swimming lanes etc, plus solar heated outdoor pool, play river...
- Horse-riding possibilities (indoor & outdoor arenas) in the region
- Zipline Stoderzinken: 2.5 km flight path, 700 m elevation gain, max. 115 km/h in flight speed, up to 161 m above the ground
- A variety of action sports available, such as mountain go-kart, rafting & canyoning, high ropes course, paragliding, archery course, summer toboggan run
Enjoy over 100 attractions in our holiday region free of charge with the Schladming-Dachstein Sommercard. In addition a number of discounts at 100 bonus partners await. The best thing is: you receive the card free of charge on arrival (May to October) for the duration of your stay.